We’re glad you stopped by. Interested in writing for us? Well, we often accept guest contributors at Micro Biz Mag and this page is designed to tell you what we’re looking for.
We most often seek external contributors to write:
- Opinion pieces written in the first person by a freelancer or micro business owner with valuable experience our audience would be interested in
- Advice, tips and how to pieces on topics ranging from recruitment to marketing written by experts in the field
Pitching a Regular Writer
We’re PR friendly, so we’re happy for you to get in touch with us on behalf of your clients but it would be important that any content produced from us is led by someone with experience and expertise of value to share.
If you want to pitch a client or yourself to write for us regularly, then please complete this form.
Pitching a One Off Advice or Opinion Piece
We like one off advice pieces to be:
- Highly practical and actionable. Our readers should feel able to go off and implement some of what you’ve talked about almost immediately
- Written by people with expertise and experience in the field about which they’re writing
- 1000+ words with screenshots/supporting imagery to illustrate the points you’re making
- Unique to us. The guest posts submitted to Micro Biz Mag should not be used on other websites
- They’re about a topical issue facing micro business owners and freelancers
- They range from 500 to 1,500 words
- They are written by someone with experience and expertise that our audience of micro business owners and freelancers will value
- Demonstrate or present an opinion that is in some way different to the opinions and positions most of us have or hear about a lot
Want to submit a one off advice or opinion piece piece? Complete this form.
Please don’t send full pieces at this stage. We’ll aim to come back to you within 5 working days about the next steps for your submission if we’re able to accept it.
- Submissions via the above forms
- Enquiries from people with REAL experience
- Good writing, well proofed
- Easy reading jargon free content
- A new perspective on something
- Calls/Emails - The form is faster
- Content by people with n experience of the topic
- Poor writing, clearly not proofed
- Content you need a dictionary to get through
- Regurgitating the same old stuff